COVID19 and Guest Safety
During this time of an unprecedented global health situation, we want to re-iterate our commitment to our guests that your health, welfare, and comfort is of highest priority. You are foremost in our thoughts as we continue to actively address the effects of the COVID-19 global pandemic.
We want to reassure you that we remain acutely aware of our duty as an accommodation provider to minimize potential spread of COVID-19. Yonge Suites has always upheld the highest standards of disinfection, hygiene, health and safety, well above those to which we must comply under regulation.
We have enacted a number of preventative measures in heightened hygienic practices and operational protocols since the first outbreak of COVID-19 in January, 2020. Since this time, we have continued to implement and respond as per direction of government authorities. We are well-equipped and vigilant to implement further measures as required as they relate to COVID-19 under the guidance of public health policies.
Yonge Suites is a boutique-sized property of 36 suites, without public restaurants, meeting rooms or other large spaces. We are fortunate to be in a position to focus our disinfection and preventative efforts on a relatively smaller area, rendering a minimal risk of spread. To date we have not had any COVID-19 health concerns amongst any of our guests or associates.
We’d like to share some of the protocols currently in place to protect our guests, our staff, and our community:
1. Screening of all guests and staff prior to arrival for any symptoms, positive test, or close contact with a positive case of COVID-19.
2. Require disclosure from guests who have recently travelled internationally and / or are in self-quarantine to ensure we have structured our services to your specific needs (ie. grocery and meal deliveries)
2. Re-designed physical aspects of the property for all guest / staff interaction to respect physical and social distancing practices (dedicated check in and check out procedure, parcel delivery protocol, non-sharing of elevators, self check in kiosk, touches building entry),
3. Disinfect on a highly frequent basis all surfaces and high-touch areas with antiviral, medical grade cleaning agents as per the approved list per Health Canada. Areas include all touch points, and even room keys on a highly frequent basis,
4. For each housekeeping service, disinfection of all surfaces with antiviral, medical grade cleaning agents as per the approved list per Health Canada. Linens laundering practices follow the same protocol,
5. For each guest departure, suite is sealed for a period prior to deep-cleaning and then disinfection of all surfaces with antiviral, medical grade cleaning agents as per the approved list per Health Canada. Linens are laundered in-house by a dedicated team, following the same protocol,
6. Assign each of our arriving guests to a suite that has been vacant for a period of time and fully disinfected,
7. Closure of common areas (fitness facility and guest lounge until further notice) as per provincial regulation,
8. Mandatory personal protection equipment for all staff, inclusive of medical grade N95 masks and protective gloves to our housekeeping staff to be worn at all times while servicing public areas and guest suites,
9. Require that any staff who have recently travelled or feeling ill not to report to work,
10. Hand sanitizer provided for use upon entering/leaving the property, and increased distribution of sanitizing stations throughout the property,
11. Adoption of flexible booking policies and conditions to provide our clients and guests with worry-free reservation planning.
We appreciate the trust that you have placed in us at Yonge Suites. We recognize our responsibility to keep your “home away from home” safe. We will spare no necessity to maintain this.